Dixon Wins Road Runner Turbo
Scott Dixon added some more hardware to his trophy case.
“Definitely very happy that the win has catapulted us to fourth place in the championship,” said
During yesterday’s qualifying session, Castroneves was penalized for driving below the white line and started at the back of the pack for today’s race. By lap 95, he had moved into fifth place, with
Briscoe won the race off pit lane on lap 99, allowing him to take the lead ahead of
This was Castroneves’ second race back after a six-month hiatus from the sport.
“I was trying to get the rhythm back, restarts, all these kinds of little things and details that sometimes you can’t see on TV, but I was trying to make sure that everything was running smooth,” said Castroneves.
Tony Kanaan, the 2005 winner, finished third, vaulting him to first in the overall IndyCar Series season standings. Dan Wheldon, winner of the past two IndyCar Series races at Kansas Speedway, finished 10th.
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 resumes tomorrow, Monday, April 27 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets from Saturday will be honored.
- MARTIN TRUEX JR. LOOKS FOR STRIKE AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY
- KANSAS SPEEDWAY HOSTING NASCAR NIGHT RACES MAY 6-7
- MLB AND KANSAS CITY ROYALS HALL OF FAMER GEORGE BRETT NAMED GRAND MARSHAL
- MARTIN TRUEX JR. VISITING THE FINISH LINE, KANSAS SPEEDWAY’S FAN HOSPITALITY
- LEGENDARY ROCKER EDDIE MONEY TO PLAY GO BOWLING 400 PRE-RACE CONCERT