Petty to compete in Fundraiser for Victory Junction Gang Camp
Kyle Petty will represent future Kansas Speedway neighbor Victory Junction Gang Camp in an online fundraising competition March 16-26. Petty will compete against Alec Baldwin, Hayden Panettiere and other celebrities in the first Social Media Smackdown to raise money for charity. Each celebrity will fundraise for a charity of their choice.
“Victory Junction is excited to participate in this charity challenge which will raise awareness and funds for children with chronic medical conditions and serious illnesses,” said Petty.
Supporters may donate online at www.charitysmackdown.com. The winning team’s charity will receive an additional donation from PayPal.
Founded in 2004 by Petty and his wife Pattie as a tribute to their late son Adam, the Victory Junction Gang Camp in Randleman, N.C. hosts chronically ill children and their families. Victory Junction is a non-profit organization that provides a fun year-round camp environment. The organization will break ground on a brand new location in Wyandotte County, Kansas City, Kan. this year.
Kansas Speedway tickets are on sale now. The ticket package includes the IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 250, the NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Price Chopper 400, the third race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup. Call 866.460.RACE or visit kansasspeedway.com
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead