Indy Lights gets greener
Indy Lights will be a little cleaner on the environment when it returns to Kansas Speedway for the Kansas Lottery 100 on April 26. In an effort to become “greener”, the series agreed to allow Force For Earth to be their official fuel re-formulator in 2009.
The new fuel and engine conditioner is anticipated to increase gas mileage and decrease the carbon footprint by reducing harmful emissions. Racing strategy is often determined by fuel consumption so race teams might have to adjust to the extra boost they will receive in fuel mileage. In racing, better fuel mileage allows teams to spend less time in the pits to refuel and more time racing on track.
Indy Lights is IndyCar’s developmental series much like the Nationwide Series is in NASCAR. It is slated to precede the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 at Kansas Speedway on April 26.
Kansas Speedway tickets are on sale now. The ticket package includes the IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 250, the NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Price Chopper 400, the third race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup. Call 866.460.RACE or visit kansasspeedway.com.
- Midwest Balloon Festival Announces Move to Kansas Speedway
- Kansas Speedway, Toyota Extend Partnership
- Rising Country Artist Brett Eldredge Performing Pre-Race Concert for Kansas 400
- 2014 International Motor Sports Association Season Begins January 25 with Rolex 24 at Daytona
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jean Ann Bowman with Award of Excellence