Fisher to Debut Season at Kansas
IndyCar Series driver/owner Sarah Fisher returns to Kansas Speedway in 2009 for the first time since becoming a team owner. Fisher’s season debut will be her fifth start at Kansas Speedway. At just 28 years old, Fisher has already competed in seven
Fisher said the ultimate goal for 2009 is to run on all of the ovals. She hopes to expand from the team’s three-race effort in 2008 to a six-race effort in 2009.
“Kansas Speedway will be a great start for us this year,” said Fisher. “We began our 2008 season at
Fisher will look to improve on her 12th-place finish at the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 at Kansas Speedway in 2007, where, for the first time in history, three women competed in a major open wheel race. Danica Patrick and Milka Duno accompanied Fisher, finishing 7th and 14th, respectively.
The Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 on Sunday April 26th at Kansas Speedway will be the third race on the 2009 IndyCar Series schedule. It will be the first oval track on the series schedule.
See it live with a Kansas Speedway Ticket Package in 2009. Call 866.460.RACE or visit kansasspeedway.com for tickets or more information. Kansas Speedway's Ticket Package includes the IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo 300, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 250, NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300 and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kansas 400, the third race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series