Joey Logano to drive in NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway
Logano currently drives as a rookie in the NASCAR Nationwide Series No. 20 for Joe Gibbs Racing. In just 10 career starts, Logano has one win, seven top-10 finishes and two poles in the Nationwide Series. While Logano has never raced at Kansas Speedway, he ran an ARCA test in 2005 with Joe Gibbs Racing representatives present.
"We brought one of the old Cup cars and Zippy, Jimmy Makar, and some other guys were there to see how I could handle a big car like that on a mile and a half track, since I was only 15 years old at the time I think," Logano said. "I do remember Kansas Speedway was a fun track and I liked it and I remember we were fast."
- Former drivers at Kansas Speedway prepare for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Carl Edwards Steps Away from Driving Full-Time in NASCAR
- Race Review: Harvick’s “Homerun” at Kansas Speedway Highlights Hollywood Casino 400
- Race Review: Kyle Busch Wins Again at Kansas Speedway
- RACE REVIEW: CHASE BRISCOE SOLIDIFIES CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON WITH WIN AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY