Joey Logano to drive in NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway
Logano currently drives as a rookie in the NASCAR Nationwide Series No. 20 for Joe Gibbs Racing. In just 10 career starts, Logano has one win, seven top-10 finishes and two poles in the Nationwide Series. While Logano has never raced at Kansas Speedway, he ran an ARCA test in 2005 with Joe Gibbs Racing representatives present.
"We brought one of the old Cup cars and Zippy, Jimmy Makar, and some other guys were there to see how I could handle a big car like that on a mile and a half track, since I was only 15 years old at the time I think," Logano said. "I do remember Kansas Speedway was a fun track and I liked it and I remember we were fast."
- Daytona 500 Features Redemption, Youth and Historical Significance
- KANSAS SPEEDWAY SEASON TICKET HOLDER HEADED TO DAYTONA 500
- STAGE LENGTHS ANNOUNCED FOR KANSAS SPEEDWAY’S NASCAR RACES
- Playoff Hopes Abound for NASCAR XFINITY and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Drivers
- 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Season Expectations