Kansas Winner Speed Takes ARCA Point Lead
Scott Speed, who won Kansas Speedway’s 2008 Kansas Lottery $150 Grand, took over the ARCA RE/MAX Series point lead with a second-place finish last Saturday. The 25-year-old rookie entered the race second in the point standings, 55 points behind Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., who has held the top spot since early May.
Speed, a former Formula One driver, is currently 95 points ahead of the second place spot held by fellow rookie Matt Carter, who replaced three-time Kansas Speedway winner Frank Kimmel in the No. 46 car. Along with leading the ARCA RE/MAX Series point standings, Speed holds the top spot in the Rookie of the Year and Superspeedway Challenge.
Speed followed up his Kansas Lottery $150 Grand win with an eighth place finish in his first ever NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race the next day.
Speed’s success on the track has recently garnered interest from the Red Bull NASCAR Sprint Cup team. He started testing Cup cars in July and it’s likely he will get the opportunity to race in the Cup Series this season.
According to team general manager Jay Frye, the date and location of Speed’s debut is still uncertain, though it is a possibility fans could see the young driver make his Cup debut this September when Kansas Speedway hosts the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kansas 400.
Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series on September 28 at Kansas Speedway are available NOW. Call 866.460.RACE or visit kansasspeedway.com to purchase your ticket package today.
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead