KANSAS SPEEDWAY ANNOUNCES 2009 NASCAR DATES
KANSAS CITY, KAN. (Aug. 19, 2008) – Kansas Speedway announced its 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race schedule today.
Kansas Speedway will host the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series third race of the Chase to the NASCAR Sprint Cup on Oct. 4 and the Kansas Lottery 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series on Oct. 3. Kansas Speedway will kick off its 2009 season with the O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on April 25.
“We’re happy to offer our fans the same great racing we’ve had over the past eight years,” said Kansas Speedway President Jeff Boerger. “Our fans will once again be able to be a part of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup with the third race in the Chase. The NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series always put on a great show at Kansas Speedway and we’re excited to have them back in 2009.”
In the four previous Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway, three non-Chase drivers have taken home the checkered flag.
The O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 will again be paired with the IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 in April.
Kansas Speedway tickets are on sale now and available by calling 866.460.RACE or logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com. O’Reilly Auto Parts Qualifying Day (Sept. 26) and Sprint Fan Walk tickets are also available.
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series