Hornaday Jr. Outruns Teammate, Captures First Win at Kansas Speedway
Since 2001, Kansas Speedway hasn’t seen a repeat winner and Ron Hornaday Jr. continued the trend with a win in the O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 on April 26.
Hornaday was the first to win from the pole at Kansas putting him at top of the series in points. He led 136 laps through a record of 12 caution flags. Kevin Harvick, Inc. teammate Jack Sprague finished second followed by rookie Colin Braun who had a career best finish.
Hornaday’s win at Kansas Speedway isn’t his first win in Kansas. He also won at Heartland Park Topeka in 1995. The victory is Hornaday’s 34th career victory. Hornaday commented on today’s win.
“This is what it is all about. I have a lot of faith in these guys. I really appreciate it because I hadn’t won here in Kansas so this is cool.
Kansas City, Kansas native Jennifer Jo Cobb made her NASCAR Craftsman Truck debut at the O’Reilly Auto Parts 250. She finished 33rd due to engine trouble.
Tickets are available for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300 and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kansas 400, September 27 – 28 with the NASCAR Truck Series O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 and IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 on April 26 - 27, 2009. Get your tickets to day by calling 866.460.RACE or visit online at www.kansasspeedway.com
- Former drivers at Kansas Speedway prepare for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Carl Edwards Steps Away from Driving Full-Time in NASCAR
- Race Review: Harvick’s “Homerun” at Kansas Speedway Highlights Hollywood Casino 400
- Race Review: Kyle Busch Wins Again at Kansas Speedway
- RACE REVIEW: CHASE BRISCOE SOLIDIFIES CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON WITH WIN AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY