A Field Trip to Remember
Sweet Springs Elementary students received a bonus when they toured Kansas Speedway last week when they got pictures and autographs from ARCA RE/MAX driver Patrick Sheltra and toured the truck that transports the race cars from week to week.
A sunny Friday allowed ARCA Re/MAX drivers to finish testing at Kansas Speedway for the Kansas Lottery $150 Grand on April 25. Patrick Sheltra, after finishing his testing, hung out with the elementary students, signing autographs and taking pictures with the students during their tour.
“The kids were great. You really would have thought they were at a race by showing all their excitement,” said Sheltra after hanging out with the students. “All of them had smiles and were just extremely grateful. I enjoyed signing autographs and taking pictures in Victory Lane with them. I hope I gained some fans today.”
Catch Sheltra and your favorite ARCA drivers compete at the ARCA RE/MAX Kansas Lottery $150 Grand on April 25 for FREE, courtesy of the Kansas Lottery.
Tickets are also available for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 on April 26, IndyCar Series RoadRunner Turbo Indy 300 on April 27, NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300 on Sept. 27, and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kansas 400 on Sept. 28. Call 866.460.RACE or visit online at www.kansasspeedway.com to buy your tickets today.
- Midwest Balloon Festival Announces Move to Kansas Speedway
- Kansas Speedway, Toyota Extend Partnership
- Rising Country Artist Brett Eldredge Performing Pre-Race Concert for Kansas 400
- 2014 International Motor Sports Association Season Begins January 25 with Rolex 24 at Daytona
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jean Ann Bowman with Award of Excellence