Kansas Speedway Loses our Voice
Long-time Kansas Speedway public address announcer Dave Munday lost his battle with cancer this past weekend. Dave had been the voice behind the microphone at Kansas Speedway since the speedway opened in 2001. He loved being a part of race weekend and interacting with race fans from around the country.
As the voice of Kansas Speedway, Dave never considered his duties as a job; that was left to his everyday gig as a DJ at several Kansas City area radio stations throughout his career.
Dave was a part of the Kansas Speedway family and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will truly be missed.
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series