Questions Abound for 2008 Season
With the sugarplums tucked away, the 2008 racing season begins in just over a month. It seems like just yesterday that Jimmie Johnson was crowned as the NASCAR Cup champion, Dario Franchitti and Sam Hornish Jr. both made the decision to jump from the IndyCar Series to NASCAR.
Here’s a quick look at some of the changes for 2008 and some things to look for:
- Andretti Green Racing and Penske Racing both have big shoes to fill as the past two IndyCar Series champions left their respective teams to move to stock cars.
- Helio Castroneves will be trying to add the IndyCar Series championship trophy to his “Dancing with the Stars” trophy that he won over the winter break.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. is driving for Rick Hendrick; how will he mesh with Jeff Gordon, Casey Mears and Johnson?
- Dale Jarrett has announced he will run the first five races of 2008 for Michael Waltrip Racing and will then step out of the car for David Reutimann.
- How will Reed Sorenson react to being the “elder statesman” when it comes to stock cars as he teams with Juan Pablo Montoya and Franchitti?
- Joe Gibbs Racing is switching manufacturers, adding a new driver and Joe Gibbs is likely to be around the shop more now that he’s retired from the Washington Redskins.
- Danica Patrick has been closing in on her first win; will it finally happen in 2008?
- Make sure you practice saying Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series a lot.
With all of this and more, 2008 promises to bring more excitement and intrigue than ever before.
To experience the 2008 season first hand, buy your Kansas Speedway tickets today by calling 866.460.RACE or logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com.
- Kurt Busch added to the Finish Line, Kansas Speedway's Fan Hospitality
- March of Dimes Bikers for Babies 20th Annual Ride to Save Lives
- Allmendinger Visits Kansas City for Chase Across North America Media Tour
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Weekends in 2015
- Drowning Pool Playing 98.9 The Rock's Low Dough Show at Kansas Speedway