Kansas Speedway® Staff Brings Holiday Cheer to University of Kansas Hospital Children's Wing
Kansas Speedway staff was in the holiday spirit as they decorated the doors of the children's wing at the University of Kansas Hospital on Wednesday afternoon.
About 20 staff members took part in the door decorating, letting their creative juices flow. Each door was decorated differently and not all had a holiday theme - the Kansas Speedway operations department made sure to add a racing theme to the wing.
"I was impressed by the creativity and passion our staff showed decorating doors at the University of Kansas Hospital," said Kansas Speedway President Jeff Boerger. "Our staff has made a strong commitment to Kansas City and this project is just one of many they are involved with. I've already heard from several of them that they are already planning their doors for 2008."
The staff also brought along goody bags with items from Kansas Speedway and the NASCAR Foundation for each patient and donated dozens of toys and books to the wing's playroom.
|click to enlarge:|
- Logano goes to Gatorade Victory Lane after a wild race in Kansas
- Kyle Busch Conquers Kansas Speedway, Wins Kansas Lottery 300
- Kansas Speedway Hosting Hollywood Casino 400 Weekend
- Kurt Busch added to the Finish Line, Kansas Speedway's Fan Hospitality
- March of Dimes Bikers for Babies 20th Annual Ride to Save Lives