Kansas Speedway® Unveils 2008 Schedule
As fans prepare to head to Kansas Speedway for this weekend's races, speedway officials unveiled 2008's schedule.
Kansas Speedway will once again host the third race of the Chase for the Championship in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series on Sept. 28. The IndyCar Series has again tapped Kansas Speedway as their final stop (April 27) prior to the Indianapolis 500.
"We're excited to be a part of the Chase for the Championship again in 2008 and to be the final race before the Indianapolis 500," said Kansas Speedway President Jeff Boerger. "We receive tremendous fan support every year for all of the races here and NASCAR and the IndyCar Series have rewarded us with great race dates for 2008."
The NASCAR Busch Series, which will have a new name in 2008, will run on Sept. 27, and the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series will pair with the IndyCar Series and race on April 26.
Tickets for 2008 can be purchased by calling 866.460.RACE.
|Kansas Speedway 2008 Schedule:|
|April 26, 2008||O'Reilly Auto Parts 250||NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series|
|April 27, 2008||Kansas Lottery Indy300||IndyCar Series|
|Sept. 27, 2008||Kansas 300||NASCAR Busch Series (new series name in 2008)|
|Sept. 28, 2008||Kansas 400||NASCAR Sprint Cup Series|
- Jeff Gordon Coming Out of Retirement -- At Least For Two Races
- Part 2: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Part 1: A look at the final nine Sprint Cup Series races and impact on the Chase
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series