Edwards Hoping to Clinch Busch Series Title
Heading to the city known for Elvis, Blues and Beale Street, Carl Edwards hopes his NASCAR title hopes don't get "all shook up" for the second consecutive race.
Just two weeks ago, Edwards hoped to clinch the NASCAR Busch Series championship in Charlotte but was derailed when Jimmie Johnson spun out and collected three other cars and sent them all home early.
With over a 600 point lead heading into Saturday night's race at Memphis, Edwards needs to escape with a lead of 585 points or greater to clinch the title and enjoy the final three races of the season as a champion.
Another trophy that Edwards is trying to win is the owner's championship in the Busch Series and is in a heated battle with Richard Childress Racing's No. 29 car and Joe Gibbs Racing's No. 20, both driven by various drivers throughout the course of the season.
It would be fitting for the Missouri native to win the final Busch Series title sponsored by Anheuser-Busch. (Nationwide will sponsor the series in 2008.)
Hopefully, Memphis won't be cruel.
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series
- Rookie Chase Elliott on Cusp of Officially Breaking Out
- TIME, NETWORK CHANGE FOR KANSAS LOTTERY 300 ON OCTOBER 15
- Blackberry Smoke Returning to Kansas Speedway for Hollywood Casino 400
- NASCAR ANNOUNCES 2017 HALL OF FAME CLASS