Kansas Speedway Spirit of the Heartland 100 Blood and Marrow Drive a Success
Midwesterners are known for having a giving spirit and they didn't disappoint at the Spirit of the Heartland 100 Blood and Marrow Drive.
Partnering with the Community Blood Center and the Kansas City chapter of the National Marrow Donor program, nearly 180 people registered to donate with 157 units of blood being collected. Several blood donors also signed up to become potential marrow donors.
One group gave with a purpose - Kansas Speedway sponsor Yellow Transportation encouraged employees to donate in honor of one of their own, who is battling his own health-related issues. And give they did. From approximately 5 PM until 7 PM, almost every donor either worked at Yellow Transportation or knew someone who did.
The Spirit of the Heartland 200 is scheduled for Sept. 9, 2008 with a goal of at least 300 units of blood.
- Tony Stewart Looks to Reclaim Championship Form in Final Season
- Rookie William Byron and Veteran Matt Crafton Battle for Top Spot of NASCAR World Truck Series
- Rookie Chase Elliott on Cusp of Officially Breaking Out
- TIME, NETWORK CHANGE FOR KANSAS LOTTERY 300 ON OCTOBER 15
- Blackberry Smoke Returning to Kansas Speedway for Hollywood Casino 400