Race To Excellence
Kansas Speedway kicked off the reading program, Race to Excellence at Tomahawk Elementary in Olathe, Kan., on Thursday, August 16.
The Official Pace Car revved its engine as students cheered and the school principal waved the green flag for the official start of the Tomahawk 500, the students' Race to Excellence in reading.
"We're proud to support our community through school classrooms," Kansas Speedway President Jeff Boerger said. "Racing is an excellent way to motivate and encourage reading inside and outside the classroom."
Students who read 20 minutes each night win a monthly prize. Each class races to read the most minutes, advances to a "Pit Stop," and eventually the finish line. The first class to reach the finish line receives a grand prize in May.
Purchase tickets to the NASCAR Busch Series Yellow Transportation 300 and NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Kansas 400, September 29 - 30, 2007. Call 866.460.RACE.
- BRAD KESELOWSKI ADDED TO THE FINISH LINE HOSPITALITY SCHEDULE
- MARTIN TRUEX JR. LOOKS FOR STRIKE AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY
- KANSAS SPEEDWAY HOSTING NASCAR NIGHT RACES MAY 6-7
- MLB AND KANSAS CITY ROYALS HALL OF FAMER GEORGE BRETT NAMED GRAND MARSHAL
- MARTIN TRUEX JR. VISITING THE FINISH LINE, KANSAS SPEEDWAY’S FAN HOSPITALITY