Sports Car Club of America Members Tour Kansas Speedway
When members of the S2000 Club of America toured Kansas Speedway this past Saturday, it marked the second weekend in a row Indy DNA touched the track surface.
Club members each drove a Honda S2000, which is raced in the Sports Car Club of America. The S2000 has the DNA of Honda's Indy and Formula racing built into a sports car.
"Kansas Speedway gave our members a glimpse into NASCAR, while feeling at home with our S2000's and Indy roots," Steve Smith, event organizer said.
For most, Kansas Speedway is the closest race track that features both NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series and IndyCar Series events. Members were from the Midwest Region and drove from areas throughout Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Oklahoma and Missouri, including St. Louis.
Several technological accomplishments in the S2000 were created in the Honda Performance Development Center, primarily used for the IndyCar Series. Honda is the official engine-supplier of the IndyCar Series and has won 70 Grand Prix Formula One races.
For the first time, Kansas Speedway is offering fans the opportunity to purchase tickets for the September 2007 and April 2008 weekend. This season ticket includes the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series, IndyCar Series, NASCAR Busch Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. Tickets are available by calling 866.460.RACE or logging onto www.kansasspeedway.com.
- Midwest Balloon Festival Announces Move to Kansas Speedway
- Kansas Speedway, Toyota Extend Partnership
- Rising Country Artist Brett Eldredge Performing Pre-Race Concert for Kansas 400
- 2014 International Motor Sports Association Season Begins January 25 with Rolex 24 at Daytona
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jean Ann Bowman with Award of Excellence