2007 Season Set to Kick-off
The grass has been cut. The cars are shiny with new paint schemes and sponsors. The names above the door have been changed.
This weekend the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series kicks off the 2007 season with the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona International Speedway. "New faces in new places" is the unofficial theme of the start of the season.
Some questions for the 2007 season -
- How will the new Chase format affect the racing?
- Will 2006 Kansas Speedway winner Tony Stewart "rebound" and have a shot at his third NASCAR NEXTEL Cup trophy?
- How will Juan Pablo Montoya fare in his first NASCAR season?
- Will Ward Burton be effective in his return to the NEXTEL Cup Series?
- What role will the new Toyota teams play in 2007?
- How will unleaded fuel and the Car of Tomorrow affect all of the teams?
- With approximately 55 teams attempting to qualify for 43 starting spots, what big name drivers will sit out the Daytona 500?
How teams answer these questions will determine if they are competing for a championship when they reach Kansas Speedway in September.
If you want to see your favorite driver race in person, order your Kansas Speedway season tickets today online or by calling 866.460.RACE. There are only 79 days until racing returns to Kansas Speedway.
Season tickets offer fans the same great seat for five races a year - the Kansas 400 (NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series), the Yellow Transportation 300 (NASCAR Busch Series), the Kansas Lottery Indy 300 (IndyCar Series), the O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 (NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series) and the kansasspeedway.com 100 (USAC).
Parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and fans can bring one 6"x6" X12" soft-sided cooler into the grandstands with their favorite food and beverage.
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead
- Gordon and Keselowski Have at It in Texas
- Logano goes to Gatorade Victory Lane after a wild race in Kansas