NASCAR Changes Chase Format
More drivers will be aiming for the win at Kansas Speedway in 2007 as a result of changes announced today by NASCAR. Race winners will earn 185 points, a five-point increase, over the course of the season.
Twelve drivers will qualify for the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series and the 400-point cut-off has been eliminated. Kansas Speedway winner Tony Stewart would have competed for the NEXTEL Cup title in 2006 under the new rules.
Also new in 2007 - drivers will be "seeded" to start the Chase based on the number of wins that driver has during the regular season.
Based on 2006 results Kasey Kahne, who barely made the Chase, would have been "seeded" first with the changes that will be implemented in 2007. Stewart would have been seeded fifth.
Only 87 days until racing returns to Kansas Speedway. To purchase 2007 season tickets to Kansas Speedway, call 866.460.RACE. Parking is always free and fans are permitted to bring their 6x6x12-inch soft-sided cooler into the grandstands.
- KANSAS SPEEDWAY OFFERING FREE YOUTH TICKETS IN 2017 FOR THE CAMPING WORLD AND XFINITY RACES
- Ben Kennedy Picks Up First Career NASCAR Win
- Frequently Asked Questions: Operation Octane
- Kansas Speedway, Tickets For Less Form Partnership
- DRAG RACING COMES TO KANSAS SPEEDWAY WITH OPERATION OCTANE