Kansas Success Almost Guarantees Top 10 Finish in Championship Points
The names of the winners have changed over the six years at Kansas Speedway, but the success those winners have had hasn't changed.
Four drivers who have won NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway over the last six years have finished in the top six in championship standings. Jeff Gordon, who won at Kansas in 2001, won the title in 2001 as well.
The two drivers not to finish in the Top 10 were Tony Stewart (11th; 2006), Joe Nemechek (19th; 2004).
If not for the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup, Stewart would surely have finished in the Top 10, winning three of the final 10 races.
Kansas is once again one of the final 10 races in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup in 2007; will the Kansas winner go on to win the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup championship or will someone else be crowned?
To see all the exciting racing action, order your RPM and P.A.S.S. season tickets now by calling 866-460-RACE or log onto www.kansasspeedway.com. Five great races (O'Reilly Auto Parts 250, Kansas Lottery Indy 300, Yellow Transportation 300, kansasspeedway.com 100 and Kansas 400) are a part of the season ticket package. The 2007 racing season at Kansas Speedway begins April 27-29. Parking is always free at Kansas Speedway and new in 2007, fans are permitted to bring one 6x6x12-inch cooler with their favorite snacks and beverages into the grandstands.
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Medical Director at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- NASCAR Recognizes Kansas Speedway's Jeff Miles at Annual NASCAR Racing Operations Summit
- Kansas Speedway Sending Five Season TIcketholders to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
- 2015 ARCA Champion to be Crowned Under the Lights at Kansas Speedway
- Championship Four Move on to Homestead