2014 Great Midwest Balloon Festival is at Kansas Speedway August 8-10, 2014
Tickets are on sale now, and will be available by clicking here or visiting any area Hy-Vee.
The annual three-day festival is scheduled for August 8-10 and features balloon festival staples such as mass balloon ascents, food vendors, traditional and tethered balloon rides, children's events, a carnival and evening balloon glows.
Special features for this year's festival include:
- Special Shape Balloons: A 105 ft. tall Elvis and the world's largest hot air balloon, Darth Vader.
- 5K Race With the Balloons: As runners and walkers make their way around the Legends, balloons will follow them from above.
- Battle of the Bands: Enjoy some of the best rock and country bands on the scene in KC.
- Charity Balloon Race: Local charities will have the opportunity to win cash prizes totaling $15,000.
- Balloons & BBQ: A KC Sanctioned BBQ Competition, Kids BBQ Competition, Texas Certified Steak Cook-Off and a Winner-Take-All Backyard Grilling Competition, judged by local celebrities.
- Chefs Demo Competition: Learn Special tricks of the trade from KC's most popular and skilled culinary masters.
- Expanded Kids Zone: More performers, bouncy houses, activities (All FREE with paid admission)
Advance tickets (sales tax included) are available now for $16.50 for adults and $8.50 for children (ages 4 - 14; 3 & under are free) click here or purchase at any local Hy-Vee. General parking is FREE, and premium parking is $10 per car.